ARIZARO EAST LITHIUM PROJECT
Located in the Salar de Arizaro in north-western Argentina in Los Andes Department, Salta Province. The Salar de Arizaro is largely underexplored despite being situated in the “Lithium Triangle”. Other miners and explorers advancing lithium projects in the region include ERAMET and Lithium X.
Noram acquired the Arizaro East lithium brine/clay prospect in July 2017. The claim is located in the eastern portion of the Salar de Arizaro and covers a total of 2,709 hectares.
The geological setting of the Arizaro East Property includes saline beaches with stationary wind and fluvial deposits. The southern part of the Property is composed of fine sediments, sands and clays of Quaternary age, with the presence of salt at surface. The northern part of the Property is composed by sandstones, volcanic sandstones, siltstone, pelites, tufa, gypsum and halite that correspond to deposits of Tertiary age. Mineral occurrences include lithium, borates, sulfates with halite and gypsum.
Noram's Phase 1 exploration focus will include surface and sub-surface sampling by means of shallow wells of 1 meter depth. The extracted, composite samples will be sent to the SGS Laboratory for chemical analysis for lithium detection. Analytical results from the samples are expected in Q1 2018.
The Phase 1 exploration plan was developed to conform with the currently approved Environmental Impact Assessment protocol that allows for basic geophysical and geotechnical exploration at shallow depths.
“We are very pleased to have closed the Arizaro East acquisition this year, which diversifies and compliments our existing asset mix of lithium and graphite properties,” said Noram’s President Mark Ireton. “Our focus is not only on finding and developing lithium and graphite deposits, but also on sourcing and supporting new, environmentally-friendly, processing techniques to produce lithium and graphite from our properties.”
Location & Infrastructure:
- The Arizaro salt lake covers approximately 200,000 hectares, making it the third largest in the world.
- One of the few unexplored salars located within the Lithium Triangle.
- Located 75 km from Pocitos, location of a natural gas pipeline and industrial park.
- The area is the focus of near term infrastructure upgrades as a result of the developments of Taca-Taca (First Quantum) and Lindero (Fortuna Silver).
- The basin is composed of a predominantly halite core, similar to Hombre Muerto (FMC) , Rincon (Enirgi) and Atacama in Chile (SQM & Albemarle).
- Noram’s Arizaro project comprises 2,709 hectares lithium brine-clay prospects.
- Companies in the Arizaro area include Lithium X, Eramet, Sentient and REMSA (Salta Government).
Strategy is to Build a Multinational Lithium-Graphite Industrial Minerals Company